About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to keep friends and family updated on my life and how I've been doing since moving away from the only place I've ever known: a small, 530 population town, to a large city! There have been a lot of ups, and a lot of downs, but through it all I've been trusting Christ, and learning what true faith means and what it really looks like...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Babies, babies, babies.....

It amazes me. The age of couples is getting younger. The rise of children with no respect for people or property is getting higher (which I think is in direct link of the younger parents). And the number of teenage girls getting pregnant is growing. And for some reason, society; which doesn't agree with this practice, is also doing nothing about it. Which leads me to tonight's post.

Today I helped my sister go grocery shopping. She has a little two month old daughter, and a son that is almost two years old. As we were walking around the super market, I was carrying my nephew, and there was one point where we were just walking down some aisles with out his mom. Just me and my nephew having a good time. So it kinda shocked me when a lady, in about her 40's or so, gave me an extremely dirty look. It was then that I realized that my nephew was saying "Mama" while looking at me (his look saying, "Where the heck is my mom??). So I guess it was natural for that lady to assume I was his mom.

So here is the part that really bothers me: It would be completely acceptable for me to be his mother, according to society. I am EIGHTEEN. There are girls out there younger than I am, that are getting pregnant. Some on purpose, others by accident. But still. It's amazing that a teenage girl can walk around with a young child and it is just automatically assumed that she is that child's mother. Amazing, and quite horrifying.

I mean, what are we teaching our kids these days?? Sex Ed is pretty much to the point where they say "Sex, it's bad. Don't do it". Yeahhhh, THAT'S reassuring... Or, like in the big schools, they are handing out condoms to students. Yup. That will certainly stop the teens from having sex.....

What ever happened to the good ole days when people WANTED to abstain from sex? Wait for that special person? Now it seems like a race to see who can sleep with as many people in as little time possible. And above all, what happened to keeping God's Word? Just little tidbits for thought... I know it kept my mind pretty busy today....

Loving thoughts,
Girl With No Name

P.S. As much as I love and appreciate comments on the posts, I have to ask that no names or demographic information is used.... Privacy assurance for all involved! =] Thank you!

1 comment:

James said...

Well, at least I am one of those that abstain for all those reasons. Me and my brother were mistaken for kids of my sister, and that was several years ago. Keep up the awesome blogging.

Blog Archive