About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to keep friends and family updated on my life and how I've been doing since moving away from the only place I've ever known: a small, 530 population town, to a large city! There have been a lot of ups, and a lot of downs, but through it all I've been trusting Christ, and learning what true faith means and what it really looks like...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

So here we all are...

I have started this blog in hopes to sort out the good from the bad; the real from the fake; and all of life's other messes, not just for myself, but for others as well. Although the blog will be a conglomeration of my personal experiences, believes, and random thoughts; feel free to comment, give advice, whatever. I don't mind. So, here is to day one!

So, to start us off, I have come to the realization that movies lie. Now obviously this shouldn't be that new to most of us.... Most movies, start out similar to how our lives really are. Hard. Unforgiving. Little moments of joy, followed by twice as much heartbreak. But, unlike our lives, movies always get better. The girl forgives the boy, they live happily ever after. Giving false hope to the rest of us. Take the show The Office for example. (I have recently become addicted) I love to watch it, not just because of all the pranks Jim pulls on Dwight, but because I love to watch the relationship between Jim and Pam. I can't help but want the same thing. Which is exactly what the show's producers want. Something to hook you, pull you in. For girls, it's a romantic story line. We all want to be the girl that's engaged, but secretly in love with the cute, nice, loving guy that is secretly in love with you too, and to have everything work out so you guys admit your forbidden love and live happily dating (as of now in season 4). I often wonder how something like that could work for me. But unfortunately, our lives are not written by the director of The Notebook, Charlie St. Cloud, Dear John, or even The Office. So, we just get to sit here. Imagine what could be, and move back into our days of work, school, kids, and traffic jams. Oh the joys.
Loving thoughts,
Girl With No Name

No comments:

Blog Archive