About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to keep friends and family updated on my life and how I've been doing since moving away from the only place I've ever known: a small, 530 population town, to a large city! There have been a lot of ups, and a lot of downs, but through it all I've been trusting Christ, and learning what true faith means and what it really looks like...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Remember...

It says in the Bible that you need to remember all that you are thankful for in hard times. Well, these are hard times, and this is what I'm thankful for (not in any particular order, and I know there are things I will forget....):


  1. A roof over my head and food in my tummy every night,
  2. My amazing, crazy, wonderful family that has been there through everything.
    1. My mom, who always has the best advice no matter the circumstance.
    2. My dad, who always manages to make me smile and realize things from a different perspective.
    3. My sister, who always has my back and tells me everything I need to hear, whether I want to hear it or not.
    4. My grandparents, who supported me in everything I did.
    5. My brother, finally having an opportunity to get to know each other and have fun together.
    6. My niece, who always gives me the cheekiest, cutest smiles when I just look at her.
    7. My nephew, who may not like giving hugs, but always seems to know just when I need one- and he holds on tight.
  3. My wonderful boyfriend, who has seen me at good times and bad, with makeup and with out makeup, and still loves me just the same. Whenever I'm feeling down or going through a rough patch, he always lifts me up again with a bible verse or by telling me some funny thing he and his friends have done.
  4. My awesome church, which is involved in so many aspects of the Christian faith, and being able to be a big part of every Sunday by leading the congregation in worship.
  5. My job, which I may not have totally enjoyed at first, but my boss has shown me she's willing to do what it takes to keep me working and giving me hours,
  6. My car, which I swear must have super powers, because it's made one tank of gas stretch farther than I thought possible when money is tight.
  7. My education, both high school and college. High school prepared me for everything I had to accomplish in college, and college is preparing me for life.
  8. My great extern site. The doctor is so relaxed and understanding about any special circumstances, and is willing to help you out with anything you may be struggling with. The clinic just has a wonderful small-town feel to it. I hope I can find a clinic like that to work in when I'm ready for a job...
  9. My bible study and the friends in it. Without that, there is so much I wouldn't have learned and good times I wouldn't have had!
  10. The friends I'm starting to meet and work and school.
  11. The ability to realize what to fight for, and what to let go.
I know there is so much more, but the fact is this: Everything that I'm so thankful for, wouldn't be possible without God. So what I am most thankful for above all else, is my relationship with Him and everything He has given me....

Loving Thoughts,
Girl With No Name

No comments:

Blog Archive